It's been a while since I posted a recipe but I have been working on one for a while now and wanted to share. One of my absolute favorite splurges is PF Chang's Lettuce Wrap. They are by no means a health food, but they are fairly low in carbs which is what I watch the most for myself. I have been tweaking this recipe and trying to get it just right and I am SO CLOSE!
- 11/2 TB Olive Oil (separated)
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Half of a large onion, diced fine
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 8-oz can of water chestnuts, diced
- Lettuce leaves, I used a head of Bib Lettuce
- Heat large pan to medium high heat and add 1TB olive oil. Cook the ground chicken until completely browned. Make sure to crumble the chicken as fine as you can.
- Drain any fat from the cooking.
- Add 1/2 TB olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook 3 minutes, then add back the ground chicken. Lower heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients. Cook about 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and wrap like a taco!