One of the meals both Brian and I really like is fish tacos. We are both big fans of mexican cuisine and adding a healthy option to the mix with fish makes it a super meal. Unfortunately making fresh fish tacos is more time consuming than what I need many days. I recently found a great "stand in" for typical fish taco's.
Fish Stick Tacos
* Fish Sticks - be careful here. You want to pay a little more for fish sticks that are not minced fish. We get ours at Trader Joe's and they are wonderful.
* Soft Shells
* Bagged Coleslaw
* 1/2 cup Green Goddess Dressing (Kraft is now bottling and selling this)
* Chili Powder
* Optional: broccoli (cleaned and cut small), peppers (diced) & diced carrots.
1. Sprinkle fish sticks with a dusting of chili powder and cook according to package directions.
2. While the fish bakes mix half the coleslaw with half of the dressing. Set aside.
3. Mix the broccoli, peppers, carrots and remaining slaw and toss with dressing.
4. In each soft shell add a large spoonful of the slaw with no vegetables. Top with several pieces of the fish and wrap.
5. Assemble all of the tacos and serve with the vegetable slaw.