Going back to my high praise of rotisserie chicken I thought I would share our favorite chicken quesadilla recipe. This is easily one of the "go to" meals for a quick night that ALL of us love!
Double Decker Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 3 soft shells PER person (we buy the small low carb Mission Brand burrito shells)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (or really any kind of cheese your family likes)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Half an onion, chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 325
- While over is heated saute your peppers and onions in olive oil until soft. Drain excess grease.
- Lightly brush one side of a burrito shell with olive oil and place, oil side down, on a cookie sheet. Prepare enough for how many you will be serving.
- Layer the chicken and cheddar cheese on the shell. Place a burrito shell over the chicken and cheese.
- Layer the pepper and onion mix with the monterey jack cheese.
- Place a burrito shell on top and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for five minutes and cut into slices (like a pizza)