I am going to try to document those recipes that BOTH of my children eat 90% of the time or more. I feel like as Moms we fall into ruts and boredom with so much of our cooking. Maybe cooking a crowd pleaser will help. :D
Here is our #1 "go-to":
Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken.
- 1 can diced tomato with the juice
- 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies (we use the organic foursome from Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup of frozen lima beans (optional)
- 1 cup of cleaned and cubed potatoes (I use either red or mini's with the skin on)
- 2 TB worcestershire sauce
- 2 cartons of beef broth (or you can use 3-4 cans if that is what you have on hand)
- 2 dry bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown your ground meat and drain excess grease.
2. In a 6 quart or larger crock pot add all of the ingredients. I usually use about 1 tsp of seas salt and a few turns of my pepper mill. Use more or less according to your families preferences.
3. Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
4. MAKE SURE to fish out the bay leaves before serving.
5. That's it! Seriously, that is all!
* I often add a small can of tomato sauce to our soup because we like a more tomato based broth. It is really up to you.