I have to share a couple of my new FAVORITE blogs! As you know, I have been rethinking my blog and it's focus and in the course of doing this I have been researching other blogs out there that I can relate to. In my search I came across the following ah-mazing bloggers:
A Cozy Kitchen
Table for Two
You can see the obviously common theme here. :D Anyway... I stumbled across Table for Two when I did a quick google search for an Asian Beef recipe. I have some angus beef and wanted to try something new. I found her Take Out, Fake Out Beef and Broccoli Recipe. We made a few adjustments to suit our family and it is DELICIOUS! I actually want to make it again tonight. :D (Too bad we filled our red meat quote for the month... one or two meals max. ;D)
- Add the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic to the crock pot and stir.
- Add beef to the liquid and toss to coat.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook for 5 hours.
- When done, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, peanut butter and cooking liquid to create a thickener, pour into crockpot, stir to mix well.
- Add the broccoli crowns and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Serve over rice.