Recently my Mom had an extra pack of pork ribs and offered them up for us for dinner. I've been working on a recipe for ribs and jumped at the chance to try my hand again. We've tried crock potting and we've tried the grill. They were both good but not great. This time we went for low and slow in the oven.
Low and Slow BBQ Ribs
- 2 lbs pork ribs (we were given boneless but bone in tends to be moister)
- BBQ seasoning
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Sauce (you will need about 1.5 cups)
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of your rib rack
- The next step will vary depending upon your taste. We had two small racks so one I coated with olive oil, salt and pepper (for the kids) and the other I coated with olive oil and BBQ seasoning. The hubby and I like a little kick. If you like it milder stick to salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs on a cookie sheet and place (uncovered) in the oven for 2 hours.
- After two hours you will coat the ribs (both sides) with BBQ sauce. Use as much as you like.
- Place the ribs back in the 250 degree oven and continue cooking. You will want to baste the ribs once more during that last 30 minutes.
- Before you are ready to serve put the ribs under the broiler for 5-10 minutes to brown them up.
- Let sit about 5 minutes before cutting.