We are not much for take out around here. It's a 50/50 split between being frugal and limitations by Abby's allergies. For the most part I am thankful to have reasons to not do take out often. However, there are many days where I would love to "phone in" dinner. One of our favorite easy go to's is homemade pizza. We use store bought crust, top and bake. Easy, popular and cheaper than take out.
When we were in Disney the resort we stayed at had a wide variety of dining options on site. Their pride and joy were the Tandoor ovens they used to bake chicken and fish and also make the mosy delicious Naan Bread I have ever had. When we got back I was craving the Naan bread but the store bought was nothing like the fresh baked. We decided to compromise and use store bought to make delicious Naan Pizza. It is outstanding and so, so simple!
- Naan Bread (any flavor you like is perfect)
- Pizza sauce (we use canned tomato sauce and "doctor" it with garlic salt, oregano and basil)
- Cheese (or soy cheese... or even no cheese in Abby's case)
- Toppings (green peppers, pepperoni, ham and pineapple, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place naan on baking sheet.
- Top with pizza sauce (don't use too much) and spread
- Add your cheese and toppings
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.