One of our favorite, favorite, favorite meals is BBQ Chicken. We actually call it Chicken Old Ladies on a bus. I found a great BBQ chicken recipe that told a story of the creator of the recipe overhearing two old ladies on a bus talking about recipes and they extracted the recipe from the conversation. We don't really use that exact recipe anymore but the name sure stuck!
"Chicken Old Ladies"
- 1-2 lbs Chicken drumsticks and/or thighs skin on
- Dry BBQ seasoning (you can easily make you own)
- Bottled BBQ sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with tin foil (makes for easy cleanup)
- Drizzle about 3 TB of bottled BBQ sauce on bottom of the pan
- Coat the chicken with the dry BBQ seasoning. I usually use between 5-6 TB but use as much or little as you like.
- Place the chicken in the pan.
- Top with BBQ sauce.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes. Then turn up the heat to 375 and cook another 15 minutes.